Early American Golf Resorts - The Belleview
(later known as The Belleview Biltmore)

 

A photo of a vintage ad for the Early American Golf Resort - The Belleview.

 

The Belleview was situated along the eastern shores of Old Clearwater Bay, with views of the bay and the barrier islands which border the Gulf of Mexico. The hotel was built in 1897 by railroad tycoon Henry B. Plant. Although the golf course that was designed and built by Donald Ross in 1925 for The Belleview Biltomre is still open and operating under the name Bellleview Biltmore Golf Club, it is not either of the 2 original golf course advertised in the 1914 ad.




This 1920 ad mentions "Two 18-hole Donald Ross golf courses"

 

To learn more about Early American Golf Resorts, continue your search here....

 

 

 

1913 US Open

   The Golf Course The 19th hole  About us   "Balls in the Air"e-letter  

The Putting Green| Handicap and Wager| Golf Tournaments| Golfing Excuses| Golf Etiquette|

  The Golf Course Architect
| The Green keeper| Range rat| Ball hawk| Golfing Partners| Golf Resorts|

  The Caddie
| Golf Rules| Golf course living| Golfing Equipment | Golfing Accessories|

  Golf School-Now what
| The Golf Pro| Hall of Golf Champions

 

(c) 2003-2017 thegolfballfactory.com  Contact us